Skip to content

Types of UK Visa

As a Nigerian, you need a UK Visa to enter the United Kingdom for whatever purpose you might intended. There are different types of visa for each purpose. There is a visa for visiting, study, work or to join a family member or partner. An applicant will need to apply online with his or her Nigerian International passport

Types of UK Visas

  • Standard Visitor Visa
  • Marriage Visitor Visa
  • Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
  • Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
  • Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa
  • Tier 4 (Chevening, Marshall and Commonwealth scholars) Student Visa
  • Tier 2 (General) Visa
  • Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa
  • Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Visa
  • Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa – Long-term Staff
  • Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa – Graduate Trainee
  • Short-term Student Visa
  • PBS Dependant – Partner Visa
  • PBS Dependant – Child Visa
  • Other visas, including study, work and Parent of a Tier 4 Child

For an applicant who is travelling for the first time, the options may seem overwhelming, however, the official website enables the applicant to determine the exact type of visa that he/she should be applying. The website prompts the applicant to choose one of the following reasons for visiting the UK:

  • Tourism, including visiting friends or family
  • Work, academic visit or business
  • Study
  • Transit
  • Join partner or family for a long stay
  • Stay with the child, if they’re at school
  • To get private medical treatment
  • Get married or enter into a civil partnership
  • For official diplomatic or government business (including transit through the UK)

Watch out for ‘How to apply for UK Visa’ soon. Need assistance with visa application to United Kingdom, call/whatsapp 08038551366 or fill our contact form via our website and we will get back to you.


Leave a Comment...

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.